Now that we’ve talked about the importance of online marketing and why you should be doing it if you’re already not, we’ll take a closer look at certain aspects of online marketing. Today, we’ll start with blogging. You may think blogging is only for individuals who are highly opinionated or just have a lot to say but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Blogging can lead to amassing a loyal (and large) group of followers who are interested in what you have to say and what you have to offer and from there can sometimes lead to bigger events than you could have ever imagined! Plus blogging can be used for a plethora of purposes – let’s take a look.
- Blogging shows your personality. Not only does blogging enable your fans and consumers the opportunity to see what you’re doing on a fairly regular basis but it also enables them to get to know you and your company a bit better. Blogging tends to be a little less formal than other business related marketing and this is your chance to really let your personality, style and wit shine! Blogging also brings things down to a more personal basis where people feel they are getting to know whoever is blogging. Blogging allows access to the face and people behind the corporations and businesses.
- Blogging opens up conversations. Blogging is a great way to get feedback from your clients and see what questions they may have. You can have people leave comments on your blogs and answer them directly there or have them email you from the blog with any suggestions. This aspect is wonderful because once people feel like they know you, they’re more likely to come to you first if they have an issue or problem rather than going and letting other people know about it.
- Blogging increases the level of your professionalism. Having a website will help people perceive you as more professional than others. Your professionalism will further be improved when you constantly update your website with high quality blogs. As you add more and more blog entries on your website, you build up your credibility and you make yourself as an authority about a particular niche.
- Blogging can improve your SEO. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is another way to increase visitors to your website. Through blogs, you can incorporate keywords and links that will help you rank higher in search engine return page (SERP). Having regular blogs posted in your website will help Google, Yahoo, and other search engines to recognize your website as updated and more relevant.
- Blogging can enable you to become an expert in your field. You can develop yourself as an expert in your field by producing high quality blog content. Blog about Frequently Asked Questions or blog about how to use your products and people will return for more.
Blogging is KEY in your online marketing campaign. It’s simple, cost effective and enables you to foster good relationships with your customers. What more could you ask for?