An important aspect of online marketing is how you define your brand. Great brands stand for something which means clearly defining your brand. And if you don’t define your brand, the market will and then you’ll have less control over the impressions made upon people about you and your company. So how does one define their brand?
Let’s start with the definition of branding. Branding is the marketing practice of creating a name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates a product from other products. Your brand is your promise to your customers. So where do you start with defining?
A good start is asking yourself these questions:
- What makes my company/product/self unique?
- What is my brand statement? What are my core values?
- How can I best build my brand via online marketing? What platforms should I use to reach the most amount of people?
Once you have answered these questions, you’ll have a good start at how you want to be defined. From there you can ask yourself more questions to create the building blocks of your brand. Try these:
- What word would people use to describe you or your brand?
- What is your strongest quality?
- From the perspective of your customers, what personal quality do they expect most from you?
- What do others in your field respect about you?
- What do you want your reputation to reflect?
This is the first basic step to branding yourself, company, and/or product. In our next blog we’ll look more at branding and how it can help you and further ways you can use your personal brand. So be sure to join us next time as we help you grow your business!